Google Ads can be a great way to boost your business. By creating targeted ads and using the correct keywords, you can attract new customers who are interested in what you have to offer. However, there are a few things that you should always keep in mind when setting up and running your Google Ads campaign. If your Google Ads don’t contain these three important things, you may be wasting both your time and money!
1. Creating a Good Call To Action
The first thing that you should always include in your Google Ads is a call to action. Your ad should tell potential customers what you want them to do, such as “Click Here to Learn More” or “Call Now To Book.” Without a call to action, people may see your ad but have no idea what they’re supposed to do with it.
Without a call to action, potential customers may see your ad but have no idea what they are supposed to do next. By including a call to action, you will guide them towards taking the next step – whether that’s visiting your website, making a purchase, or calling your business.
Some effective calls to action that you can use in your Google Ads include:
– Click Here to Learn More
– Shop Now
– Book Your Appointment
– Get a Free Quote
– Order Now
– Sign Up Today
– Find Out More
– Contact Us
– Get Started Now
– Request a Free Consultation
While you can certainly get creative with your call to action, make sure that it is clear and concise. You want people to know exactly what they need to do when they see your ad.
When writing your call to action, also keep in mind where you want people to go when they click on your ad. If you’re sending them to your website, make sure that the page is relevant to the ad. For example, if your ad is for a special offer, you would want to send people to a landing page with more information about that offer.
If you’re including a call to action that asks people to call your business, make sure that your phone number is prominently displayed in the ad. That brings us to our next point
2. Take Advantage of the Ad Extensions
Ad extensions are a great way to give your ad more visibility and make it more clickable. Ad extensions allow you to include additional information in your ad, such as your phone number, address, or even links to specific pages on your website.
There are a few different types of ad extensions that you can use, but some of the most important ones that you absolutely must include in your ads are:
– Call Extensions: These allow people to click a button to call your business directly from your ad. This is a great option if you’re running ads targeting mobile users.
– Location Extensions: These show your business’s address and phone number in your ad, making it easy for potential customers to find you.
– Sitelink Extensions: These add additional links to your ad, allowing you to send people to specific pages on your website. This is a great way to direct people to landing pages or product pages.
– Callout Extensions: These are short snippets of text that you can use to highlight important information about your business, such as special offers or product features.
3. Using Keywords in Your Ads
Keywords are the words and phrases that people use when they search for products or services like yours. By including relevant keywords in your ad, you can make sure that your ad is shown to people who are actually interested in what you have to offer.
Not sure which keywords to use in your ad? There are a few different ways that you can find the right keywords for your business.
– The first way is to simply think about the words and phrases that people might use when they’re looking for a business like yours. For example, if you’re a plumber, some relevant keywords could be “plumber,” “leaky faucet,” or “drain cleaning.”
– Another way to find relevant keywords is to use Google’s Keyword Planner tool. This tool allows you to enter a few simple keywords and then generates a list of related keywords that you can use in your ad.
– You can also take a look at your competition to see which keywords they’re targeting. To do this, simply search for a few relevant keywords and then take a look at the ads that are shown. If you see that your competition is using certain keywords in their ads, chances are that those keywords are working well for them.
Incorporating keywords in your ads
Once you’ve selected a few relevant keywords, you can start incorporating them into your ads. Google also does a great job of guiding you through this process. There are a few different places where you can use keywords in your ad, but some of the most important places are:
– The headline: The headline is one of the first things that people will see when they see your ad, so it’s important to make sure that it’s attention-grabbing and relevant. Try to incorporate one of your keywords into the headline of your ad.
– The description: The description is where you can really sell your product or service. This is your chance to tell potential customers what you have to offer and why they should choose you. Again, try to incorporate one or two of your keywords into the description.
– The display URL: The display URL is the text that appears in your ad next to the actual URL. This is a great place to sneak in another keyword or two.
Copper Content Google Advertising St.George, Utah
By following these three simple tips, you can make sure that your Google Ads are set up for success. Just remember to always include relevant keywords, use ad extensions, and target mobile users.
If you’re still not sure how to set up your Google Ads, or if you need help getting started, reach out to Copper Content! We’re a full-service content marketing agency, and we’d be happy to help you create and manage your Google Ads. Just give us a call or send us an email today!
Copper Content is a full-service content marketing agency specializing in SEO, social media, and Google Ads. We’re based in St. George, Utah, but we work with businesses all over the country. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you grow your business!